terms and conditions
Asana Tribe Standard Terms and Conditions
1. Asanatribe offers the following services and for the following rates as per quotation or invoice:-
1.1. Private lessons designed for 1 (one) to 4 (four) private natural persons (“Privates”)
1.2. Private classes designed for private persons (“Private Classes”)
1.3. Corporate classes designed for natural persons at corporate premises (“Corporate Classes”)
1.4. Events for companies or private individuals (“Events”)
1.5. Events hosted by Asanatribe – Sabrina Balanco
2. The following amounts for travel will be payable to Asanatribe in addition to the base rates as set out in clause 1 above:
2.1. Premises between 5kms and 30kms from Asanatribe (inclusive of both): R5.00 per km; and
2.2. Premises further than 30kms from Asanatribe: R6.50 per km.
Confirmation of Booking
3. In order to confirm a booking, and only in respect of Corporate Classes and Events as set out in clauses 1.3 and 1.4 above, a non-refundable deposit of 50% (fifty percent) is payable at least 5 (five) business days prior to the date of the class / event. In this regard, an invoice will be rendered to the client on receipt of a booking request. Payment of such invoice will confirm your booking.
Should a booking be confirmed through the mechanism as set out in clause 3 (three) above, the booking for such class will not be transferrable to another date and if the relevant class is missed and/or cancelled, the deposit applicable thereto will be forfeited.
Should the booking for any of the classes as set out in clause 1 (one) above be cancelled by the client within 24 (twenty-four) hours of said class, an amount of 50% (fifty percent) of the base rate of the class will be due, owing and payable to Asanatribe, and which amount excludes the deposit amount already paid if applicable.
Should the booking for any of the classes as set out in clause 1 (one) above be cancelled by the client within 72 (seventy-two) hours of said class, an amount of 25% (twenty five percent) of the base rate of the class will be due, owing and payable to Asanatribe, and which amount excludes the deposit amount already paid if applicable.
Should the booking for any classes as set out in clause 1.5 (Asanatribe Events) clients have 7 days prior to event to cancel, an amount of 50% refunded. Cancellations within 7 days prior to event the booking is forfeited.
In addition to the events as set out herein below in clause 8 (the force majeure clause), should any of the following events take place, clauses 4 (four), 5 (five) and 6 (six) shall not be applicable:-
8.1. Asanatribe is unavailable to teach on such date;
8.2. The client needs to cancel the class due to Covid-19 related incidents;
8.3. The client needs to cancel the class due to loadshedding, and has no alternative mechanism to facilitate the class; and
8.4. The client needs to cancel the class for reasonable personal trauma experienced.This clause is strictly in the discretion of Asanatribe to utilise and rely upon.
9. For the purposes of this fee agreement, force majeure shall include, without limitation, the following:-
9.1 Acts of God;
9.4 War, invasion, terrorist acts or threats; Riots or civil unrest;
9.5 National or provincial emergencies;
9.6 Epidemics, pandemics or similar influenza or bacterial infections; and
9.7 State emergencies.
10. If any client fails to make it to a class, and to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by or results from the aforementioned force majeure acts beyond the impacted client’s reasonable control, then and in such event, the client will not be liable for any fees to Asanatribe for the duration of the force majeure, but excluding the deposit amount paid as set out in clause 3 (three) above.
11. Any class that is missed and / or cancelled exclusively due to an event of force majeure, will be rescheduled at the discretion of the client.
If at any time during the practice, You feel painful discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. Rest at any time during the practice.
It is important in your yoga practice that you listen to your body and respect its limits on any given day.
I recognise, notwithstanding the disclosure above, that the activities and exercises offered will be directed at various levels of skill and ability and that I will use my personal judgement to ensure that I do not unduly strain my body or cause personal injury.
I, the undersigned, understand the yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis, or treatment.
I should consult a physician prior to beginning any new activity program, including yoga.
I recognise that it is my responsibility to notify my teacher of any serious illness or injury before every yoga class.
I will not perform any postures to the extent of strain or pain.
I accept that neither the Instructor, nor the hosting facility, is liable for any injury, or damages to person, resulting from the taking part of the yoga practice.
I agree and acknowledge that by signing this form I indemnify and hold harmless Sabrina Balanco or any instructor nominated by Sabrina Balanco for any injury sustained in any manner whatsoever.
Please be advised that by confirming a booking with Asana Tribe, it will be deemed that you have accepted the terms and conditions set out herein.